This morning when I woke up I decided to write something.
Writing always gives me joy. The ability to transform my thoughts into a piece
of text has always given me satisfaction and happiness. As I was pondering over what to write about,
this thought hit me! BANG ON!!
Why not write about the things I love, things I like doing,
things I love to talk about?? J
So here is my first J
This is probably one thing in the planet that I will never
get bored of buying! FOOTWARE! Anybody who knows me will definitely know about
my obsession for these. I always feel I can do with one more pair of foot ware,
no matter how many I have back in my shoe rack J
Walking into a shoe store and the possibility of owning
something from there gives me an adrenalin rush akin to what people get when
they are on an adventure ride. I can feel the raising pulse and the immense joy
just as I walk into the store. I am probably one of the victims of retail
marketing. I simply fall for advertisements, the catchy phrases, the
beautifully lined foot ware on the glass shelves, the colors, the
patterns!!omg!( whoa!! Even typing these give me Goosebumps) .Be it casual flip-flops,
beautifully designed ballerinas, bejeweled slip-ons, elegant sandals, beaded
foot ware, boots, peep-toes, polka dot wedge heels, pen heels; I could just go
on naming the stuff , just reading or taking about these give me a surge of
happiness and a desire to buy more and more and more (basically ,never stop :P
) You could pick each type for a specific occasion, be it a formal office
meeting or something funky or even something purely functional. So yesterday
when I walked into a foot ware store I felt no different. The minute I entered
I set my eyes on the lovely pair placed beautifully under a gleaming stream of
light on a glass rack J
I knew @ that moment that I would walk home with that. There is this golden
rule about satisfied buying- “ never pick the first thing you see, even though you know that is what
you want and there is a 99% chance that you
will walk out with that, don’t make the selection until you have checked the
other options”. The odds that you will
pick something different might be pretty minimal, but still the satisfaction
stems only when you have looked @ every other option. So I started my hunt. I
tried everything on that rack. It does not stop with just trying. I walked up
to every mirror in the store and checked the reflection of my feet. When I
walked into the store I felt my feet looked so ugly and so unpretty with oddly
shaped nails. But the second I slipped onto the lovely pair on the rack, I felt
transformed. I felt my feet looked the prettiest in the planet, I had the kind
of feeling that probably Cinderella had when she stepped into the glass shoes
from her fairy godmotherJ.(ok,
I won’t brag more on the feeling , I
hope you get the drift, it just felt really good J)
I should probably have made a disclaimer before I started
writing this, but then again I could always mention it now. All the feelings
mentioned above are indeed true and very much experienced by me. Things might
sound a bit overrated, but nonetheless this is very true. The joy and the
experience that goes into buying things transcend much beyond just owning
stuff. And the foot ware industry has definitely transformed our outlook when
it comes to this. It has moved from being a mere necessity to something that
defines who you are. Am not talking
about big labels, or super branded foot ware. It could be something you picked
from a roadside kiosk. But the foot ware you pick talks a lot about you.
Nothing beats the idea of having a good
pair of foot ware that adds
beauty to your feet and beautiful foot ware is something that completes your
look. So every time i walk into a shoe store I just don’t go to buy something.
I feel the ambiance around me, try on everything before I am satisfied and make
my choice, look @ every mirror in the store, feel the texture, admire the
craftsmanship that went into making that piece of beauty and finally make my choice.
I just don’t buy shoes I make a small piece of memory for myself with that buy,
for that matter with every buy I make J
Love
Sanz
PS: I finally walked out of the store with a beautiful peeled
back beaded-strap that embraces your
ankle and which makes your feet look nothing less than WOW!(Goosebumps again :P
)
thats so typical u sanz!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
ReplyDeletei was with her when all this happened and boy did she annoy everyone there!!!!(he he he he!!!!!) who would have thought that buying shoes is equivalent to going for a ride in amusement park!!!!!!:P:P:P but its awesome!!!u can feel the building excitement while reading this!!!!:):):):):):):) plz post more!!! im really looking forward to it!!!!!!!!!:):):)
Nice write-up. Never thought there was so much in selecting a footwear. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, gives me a glimpse of selection dilemma
ReplyDeleteSanth, really!!! u ve made me want to buy atleast 2 pairs of shoes now!! that is awesome what u ve written.. u really ve a talent for writing man!!u should continue doing this :D :D
ReplyDelete