Friday, 23 March 2012

Lists and Me :)

1,2,3…….10. This is not a countdown to IPL( though am looking forward to all the razzle and dazzle) ,this is a count of the number of sticky notes on my desktop J This morning when I switched on my computer , the screen opened to a host of sticky notes. ( pink ones, yellow ones and purple ones J, though pink is the dominating color :P ) The thing about these virtual sticky notes are that they seem so realJ Whoever came up with this idea, *HUGS* :D. You have added color and zing to my life with these tiny pieces of paper J
So what is it with me and lists. I love making lists. All kinds of listsJ(Now don’t start judging me ) Lists of clothes in my wardrobe, lists of earrings I have ( No am not weird ) list of what I should wear the following week, wish list , weekend list  , I could just go on. I probably inherited this trait straight from my father J We both have an obsession for making lists J
So I was just wondering in what way have I benefitted from this list making skill.(coz, I still fall behind deadlines, I still mess my work and leave out important things !(phew!) ) so, this set me thinking .
Well there is absolutely nothing functional that I have benefited from my list making skill( realization :P). It is purely for the fun of making lists, or it has more to do with the way I have been scripted J Wherever I go, my sticky notes/list pads travel with me J I have a whole bunch of them lying in my bag J I have no restriction with what goes into my list J It  could range from something as silly as drink water to something as important as go to the dentist today J(yes I think dental care is of prime importance :D) Now you could ask me , do I follow the things I put on my list ?J The answer is obvious, NO :D(at least to a great extent I don’t follow the things i put on my list:P) So why do I still make lists ? Well , that’s a question I have been asking myself for a long time now.
Probably making lists help me channelize my thoughts J When I write down things I probably understand them betterJ And I probably have a better shot at achieving them J( at least I would like to believe so :P )I don’t know if I have a point to make, but then again making lists is more of a habit to me than anything else . Not a day goes by without making my “To Do list”. And there is nothing as happy as checking the items on your list when you are done with them J (perfection : D ) In spite of making lists over  the years, I still have not reached a state wherein I have checked all the items on my list ( that still remains a distant dream L ). But this does not deter me from making my lists :D I still go on my list making spree and this is probably one habit that I will never fall out of J
Love
Sanz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment